Sigmund J. Fleck
158 W. Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380
P (267) 861-5317 | F (484) 631-1302
Sigmund J. Fleck has an extensive background representing creditors in commercial and private banking loan work-outs, collection, bankruptcy, and lender liability matters. He also provides counsel and advocacy services to a wide range of closely held businesses and professionals on topics including corporate compliance, financing, entity formation, employment disputes, partnership disputes, equipment leasing issues, and complex commercial transactions and litigation. He has represented clients in appellate matters before the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Commonwealth Court and Superior Court, as well as the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Sigmund has conducted numerous jury trials, bench trials, commercial arbitrations, and hearings, and has received a Martindale Hubble AV peer review rating. He regularly provides advocacy and counseling services to Approved Private School clients in special education matters, general school law, HR & employment, and general legal matters, and he also has extensive experience handling disputes stemming from waste water management contracts.
Sigmund is a member of the Chester County Bar Association, a past member of the Caln Township Planning Commission, and currently serves on the Marketing Committee of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. He is an active member of the Goshen Fire Company and is involved with Great Valley Little League. He also serves as the District Chairman for the Boy Scouts of America’s Chester County Council, Lenni Lenape District, which encompasses the West Chester Area and Unionville Chadds Ford school districts.
Sigmund served in the United States Navy for 21 years, retiring as a Commander in 2008.Representative Matters
- Obtained verdict and complete recovery on conversion claim resulting from sale of bank collateral.
- Obtained precedential decision affirming the continued vitality of the absolute priority rule in personal Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases on behalf of the creditor.
- Successfully defended creditor’s entry of judgment against attack based on alleged violations of equal credit opportunity act’s regulation B.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar judgment against defaulting guarantor and successfully defended judgment before Superior Court.
- Obtained verdict in favor of municipal client stemming from breach of Waste Water facilities agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of Chapter 11 case on feasibility grounds.
- Orchestrated successful liquidation of equipment and real estate for defunct millwork company.
- Negotiated favorable municipal settlement of claim stemming from breach of waste water treatment plant operating agreement.
- Negotiated sale and represented lender in successful sale of OREO property.
- Creditor’s Rights
- Commercial & Employment Litigation
- Business Transactions
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit of the United States
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.A., 1986